As a room leader you will be responsible for managing and motivating the team, driving the children’s enjoyment and learning forward creating a happy environment for all. Key responsibilities include:
- To partner with the management team supporting them in delivery of messages into the room, as well as raising concerns or frustrations of the room to management team in a constructive manner.
- To liaise regularly with other room leaders.
- To support and mentor team members and students.
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. To help where needed and encourage the team to do the same.
- To act as an ambassador for the nursery and maintain a positive image of its aims and objectives.
(A full job spec is available on request)
Barnkids are a farm based nursery in the Surrey Hills, with on-site Forest School. We are located on a magical site, in converted barn buildings, surrounded by open countryside, where children’s imaginations are free to run wild. We care for children aged 6 months to 4 years, following the core Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We believe in supporting and developing children’s, imagination, creativity and connection with the great outdoors and provide education and teaching based on play and exploration. To work with children is such a rewarding privilege and we are always looking for special people who understand our passion and vision to get more children outdoors.
Hours: 40 per week
Terms: Permanent role with three month probationary period (Job share or part time opportunities for the right candidate)
Reports to: Room SupervisorApply Online Now