Who we are
We are Barnkids Limited, a privately owned Nursery in Surrey. Our website address is: https://www.barnkids.co.uk.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
As part of the running of a nursery we collect personal information relating to children and parents attending our setting. This might include information such as:
- Personal details of children, parents and others,
- Medical information,
- Observations and Feedback,
How we use your information
We use the information you give us about yourself, and your children to:
- Help manage our care for your child,
- Support your childs development as part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, and
- To meet our legal, child welfare and regulatory obligations.
We treat all information we hold about you as private and confidential. We will not reveal any personal details or details concerning your child to anyone not connected with Barnkids, unless:
- You ask us to reveal the information, or we have your permission to do so,
- We are required or permitted to do so by law
- There is a duty to the public to reveal the information, eg to the local authority, Ofsted or other regulatory bodies.
When you give us information about another person or child, you need to confirm you have the permission to provide it to us on behalf of that other person. We may process their data in line with the usages set out in this document.
We use 3rd party software providers as a part of our childcare services. For example to document a child’s Learning Journey or to process billing information. All data is stored securely and confidentially in our computer systems or service providers platforms, a list of which is available on request.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you or your child. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information held on record please email or write to us. We want to make sure that all the information you provide to us is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your data and your rights to access the information we hold on you please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Our Data Protection Officer is Laura Jones
Policies and Procedures Relating to Data Privacy