We are seeking enthusiastic, full time and part time childcare practitioners for the Baby Room of our farm based early years setting.
Barnkids is an independent Nursery and Forest School that provides a unique learning environment with a strong emphasis on outdoor learning. Being farm-based, we make use of our woodland, fields and nursery garden daily therefore it is necessary for you to enjoy being outdoors in all weathers. You will have the opportunity to work within a supportive team led by highly skilled supervisors who value your ideas. You will be responsible for your key children's individual learning and development and completing their learning journeys.
Our team is led by 2 highly qualified managers who regularly spend time in the rooms with practitioners and children. One member of staff holds Forest School Leader Level 3 and two have embarked on the training and the majority of the team of 22 have childcare and first aid qualifications.
- Responsible for the learning and development of your key children within nursery
- Provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Barnkids policies and procedures
- Ensuring a high standard of quality, safe, interesting and stimulating environment for babies within the baby room
- Key person for a designated group of children
- To complete all required planning and record keeping in line with Barnkids policies and procedures and ensure the safety and well-being of all children at all times
- Assessing, recording and reporting on the development progress and attainments of the children to the Manager and Deputy Manager
We offer a fantastic package for experienced Level 3 Practitioners:
- Paid lunch break
- Higher than average salaries as compared to the big chains
- Childcare provision with substantial discounts
- Excellent in-house training and career progression opportunities
- Christmas bonus
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
- A full and relevant Level 3 qualification
- Experience with babies within a private day nursery
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check
To enquire further or request an application form please contact Steph or Amy on 01428 685633 or send us a message.
Barnkids are a farm based nursery in the Surrey Hills, with on-site Forest School. We are located on a magical site, in converted barn buildings, surrounded by open countryside, where children’s imaginations are free to run wild. We care for children aged 6 months to 4 years, following the core Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We believe in supporting and developing children’s, imagination, creativity and connection with the great outdoors and provide education and teaching based on play and exploration. To work with children is such a rewarding privilege and we are always looking for special people who understand our passion and vision to get more children outdoors.